Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pottery Painting #1


Time to time I am doing Pottery painting. It is a very ritual experience for me. When I am working on a project, my studio is one big mess. I have all the control and I see the result right a way. But Pottery painting is very different from that. The first, I have to go studio (Muddworks) and they have their own set up. I have to follow their rules. The second, I picked up the bisque which in my head I know what I want it such as a shapes, size, and usages. The third, I had to pick up the colors which was I needed a lots of my imagination power to see the colors after it came from oven. for example, Looking at the brownish colors and think(imagine) that it will be a dark blue. hahaha Yes, it was tough at first. At last I had to wait for 7-10 days to see the final piece. Oh I forgot to mention it. You must paint 3 times to see solid colors. When you paint you cannot jump on all over the place because you have to do layers. So you have to learn to wait for paint to dry. Now anyone agree with me this is a ritual? :D I am still an experimental Pottery Painting.

Here's some of my potteries. 
Tree of life #1
 The first time I went with  my dear friends. It was really fun.











This is before pottery was made in oven. ( after painting is done)











This is my second time. It is called Holey Boley. It has a chopstick holder. It is good for noodles and it was for my mother who wanted this bowl very much.


This is my third times.                              
Tree of life #2


 This is my 4th times.
 Lotus Holey Boley #2

I am waiting for this one to be done. I hope you guys enjoy as much as i do. I cant wait to see my Lotus Holey Boley.

No comments:

Post a Comment